Microsoft Ignite 2018: New SharePoint & OneDrive Features
SharePoint Public Preview will be release in October 2018. New on-premise version of SharePoint will support new Team Site, Communication Site, Team News, Modern search experience and SharePoint Framework.
See also: SharePoint 2019 Preview
# and % characters in file and folder names are now supported.
Max URL length is 400 characters
Recover deleted content by other users from your recycle bin
No more IIS6 dependencies
- Access Services 2010 & 2013
- Aggregated Newsfeed
- Custom help
- InfoPath Client / InfoPath Services
- Lists web service
- Machine Translation service
- PerformancePoint Services
- SharePoint Designer
- Site Mailbox
- Site Manager
- Automatic mode in incoming email
- Code-based sandbox solutions
- Digest authentication
- Silverlight rendering in PerformancePoint Services and Visio Services
- SQL Reporting Services integrated mode
- Power Pivot
- Power View
From now your reporting must based on Power BI.
Office 365 Multi-Geo
This feature allows to span your content across multiple regions.
There are two type of location:
- Central location - location where your tenant was initialized;
- Satellite location - one or more region (geo) on which your content spanned out
SharePoint Multi-Geo GA will be available in 2019 Q1.
New out of the box workflow based on Microsoft Flow.
New request sign-off workflow is turned on by default and available on all document libraries and lists.
It's manually triggered workflow. To start the flow user has to:
- Select single file or list item
- Pick one or many approvers
- Write a message
Three awesome feature which will help you to organize your data.
Create List from Excel
New experience which will be released in the end of 2018 allows to create a new SharePoint list from existing Excel file. New wizard provide functionality to choose table from the Excel file, configure columns type and if you need - ignore some columns:
Create List from existing list
This feature is the similar to previous one. But in this case you can choose existing list from your tenant which will be used as a template for new list.
New type of column to pick a location. For location you are able to use meeting room in your AD, street address, landmarks and geo-coordinates.
You can use one of the location-related computed column instead of full address:
- Postal Code
These values will help you to filter or group your data.